Office Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Monday through Friday (Closed weekends and State Holidays)
Marriage License Applications Accepted: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Civil Ceremonies: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
TO CONTACT US CALL: 410-222-1434
The License Department is located in the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County 7 Church Circle, Room H101, Annapolis, Maryland 21401. After you enter the courthouse, room H101 is located directly behind security. The Circuit Court is located in historic Annapolis on Church Circle. Parking meters are located on Calvert Street and West Street. Parking garages are located on Calvert Street, Northwest Street and Main Street.
The application process takes approximately 15 minutes. There is a 48-hour waiting period before the license is valid. The marriage license is valid for six months from the date of issuance and is only valid in Anne Arundel County.
The procedures for obtaining a marriage license in Anne Arundel County are as follows:
- The Marriage License fee is $55.00 in Anne Arundel County. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard or Discover as payment. CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- One applicant must apply in person to give the information for both spouses.
- The following information is required for each applicant:
State or Country of Birth
Social Security Number for each person. (This information is required by Federal and State law and will not be printed on the marriage license.)
If either party has been married previously, please provide the exact month, day, year, county and state that all divorces and/or deaths occurred. Documentation is not required in Anne Arundel County.
- Both parties must be over 18 years of age. Proof of age is not required if both parties are 21 and older. Applicants 20 and younger are required to provide proof of age when applying for the license.
- Applicants 17 and younger are required to call the License Department prior to applying.
- A blood test is not required in the state of Maryland.
- Under oath the applicant will be asked if the information provided is accurate. The applicant must sign the application under oath and indicate the truthfulness of the information under penalty of perjury.
Non Resident Affidavit: If you are not in the State of Maryland and unable to apply for your license in person 48 hours prior to the wedding ceremony, you make complete a "Non Resident Affidavit" to be signed by your local Clerk of the Circuit Court (Clerks not located in the STATE OF MARYLAND) or comparable official in your state. The fees remain the same and all Maryland laws must be complied with.
Download the "Non Resident Affidavit" (Acrobat Reader required). It is for use by individuals NOT IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND. THIS FORM IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY OTHER MARYLAND COUNTIES OR THE CITY OF BALTIMORE. If you are located in the State of Maryland, you cannot USE this form. After completing the Non Resident Affidavit, mail it to: Clerk of the Circuit Court, ATTN: Marriage License, 8 Church Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401
Civil Marriage Ceremonies
Civil Ceremonies are performed at the Circuit Court Chapel Monday through Friday. The hours for civil ceremonies are 9:00 AM. – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. The cost is $25.00 payable in cash or Visa, MasterCard or Discover. CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS PAYMENT. Civil Ceremonies are performed on a walk-in basis. Appointments are not required or accepted. Friends and family may attend to witness the ceremony. For further information on obtaining a marriage license or civil ceremonies, please call 410-222-1434.